THE UNITED STATES VS. LARRY HARMONTHE GOVERNMENT'S ATTACK ON BITCOIN AND PRIVACY
This landmark case will have major implications for all Bitcoin users.
What this could mean for sites like Wasabi
Wallet, Cryptomixer, BitMix,SmartMixer, and more….
This case will determine the future of Bitcoin and your right to privacy
DONATE VIA PAYPAL/CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD
WHAT THIS COULD MEAN FOR THE BITCOIN COMMUNITY…
- No guaranteed rights to privacy
- Any wallet user could be accused of transmitting money without a license
- ALL bitcoin mixers can be considered money launderers and programmers developing them are subject to a possible 30+ year prison sentence
- If your Bitcoin passes through a site the government doesn’t like it can be confiscated with no due process
Latest Updates on US. vs Larry Harmon
- March 13th the decision to deny Larry bond was reversed, thanks to the impartiality of judge Howell.
- On Feb. 11th Larry was denied bond, despite having no criminal history or access to funds
- On Feb. 6th federal agents arrested Larry Harmon, CEO of Dropbit, and seized all of his hardware cryptocurrency wallets, posted forfeiture notices on his home, and his wife’s art studio.
He was charged with 1 count of Conspiracy to Launder Monetary Instruments, 1 count of Operating a Money Transmitting Business without a license, and 1 count of Money Transmission without a license
Larry Harmon, CEO of Dropbit was arrested despite the government admitting they were unable to produce evidence that any bitcoin were used in illegal transactions.
Key points from bond hearing
3 WAYS YOU CAN HELP:
Donate your Expertise. What we need: Bitcoin experts, Lawyers who specialize in Bitcoin and crypto law who are willing to donate time to Larry’s defense. Due to the novel nature of law and fact in this case, he will not receive a speedy trial.
If you can help, get in touch!
Larry Harmon started Coin Ninja in 2017 with a vision to educate the general populace about cryptocurrency and, specifically, bitcoin. His vision included developing an app that would allow anyone with a smartphone accessibility to bitcoin. In late 2018, DropBit was released. Features like sending Bitcoin via text or tweet popularized the app as the “Venmo for Bitcoin” The user base took off an investment interest inCoinNinja has grown steadily.
LARRY AND THE BITCOIN COMMUNITY
Larry has been a long time believer in peer to peer digital currency and the right to privacy. He developed the DropBit app with the help of his team because he wanted the everyday person to be able to use Bitcoin just as easily as Paypal or Venmo. DropBit became the go to app for new adopters of Bitcoin because of the ease of use. He has also appeared on panel discussions, and was interviewed by Peter McCormac.
In January of 2020 he received the lightning torch and passed it on to Slovakia.
Larry’s Personal Life and Contributions
Those who know Larry know that he has always had a generous heart. He has always been available for his family and friends with love and support.
Larry’s generosity extended well beyond family. He did not brag about his charitable contributions. We do not know the extent of his generosity. From personal involvement and/ or appreciative remarks from those he helped, we do know:
- CoinNinja LLC donated to https://www.33jordynstrong.org/
- When Larry and Margo first moved to Belize in 2014, they made Belizean friends who were active in ensuring that all the children of San Pedro whose families could not afford Christmas had presents and the families had a Christmas dinner. Larry and Margo immediately joined this effort, shopped for gifts for the children and provided funds for part of the food distribution effort. Each Christmas season since, there are fundraising events in Belize that Larry and Margo support.
- Aside from Christmas, Larry has helped the Belizean community in other ways. He has provided backpacks at the beginning of the school year; he has provided mattresses/bedding for a family in need, helped other families repair grills needed to keep their street vendor businesses running, helped restore businesses in the aftermath of Hurricane Earl in 2017.